The Company was established by Luigi Capitanio in Bergamo in 1873 where, besides producing pasta, the required accessories for such production were also built. Later, one of the three children, Camillo Capitanio, moved to Como where he set up his own business in 1936.

Under the management of Camillo and of his son Giuseppe Capitanio, branches in France and Spain were opened, thus setting up a flourishing foreign trade which still continues with 55% of the turnover dedicated to foreign markets.

In 1954 they decided to bring their production back to Italy and the Torre Annunziata branch in (Naples) was opened in order to supply the pasta factories in Southern Italy where the concentration was and is exceptionally high.